2005-11-28

Lowside!

On the way to work this morning I hit a very thin patch of oil while turning around a corner. It was impossible to see (I thought I had slipped on glass from a beer bottle at first, until I almost slipped just standing there on the street!).

"Why am I leaning over so far?" I thought. Next thing I knew I heard plastic grinding on the ground. It was a soft landing, no vertigo this time.


You can see the damage in the photo, everything is circled in red. Thankfully all cosmetic. Still, if every damaged part were to be replaced it would add up to $2000 to $3000 in damage. Looks like it's about time to get that paint job I have been thinking about! I liked my old scheme (yellow and gray), I think I am going to do the same thing to this bike.

Of course, first I need the tune-up and my forks done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Calan said...

What really sucks is that in reality it makes no difference who would have been at fault. You are in a wreck just the same... If only life was fair, then motorcycles could be safe for those who ride safely. As it is, we have to always be watching out for everyone else, and even then there are things that simply cannot be avoided. When I was hit on the interstate there was absolutely nothing I could have done. He was completely at fault, and it was only be a miracle that I even lived.

Still, ride as safely as you can! You can never guarantee safety, but you can at least increase your chances!

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home